History-making music group for UMM - morris mn

History-making music group for UMM - morris mn
The UMM men's chorus opened the Minnesota Day program at the 1962 Seattle World's Fair (Century 21 Exposition).

Friday, July 28, 2023

Are we finally in endgame with Donald Trump?

Commanding our thoughts, still (wikimedia)
Well good morning everyone, TGIF. Went to bed early last night, went a long time before checking the news headlines again. A lot of time for new things to percolate. So the question is: Just how relieved should I feel this Friday a.m.? I mean, we sense the legal noose tightening around Trump's neck now, so maybe I needn't take it on myself to write with such strong thoughts any more. 
I have been trying to write in a revealing way about Trump since very early-on in this adventure, this crisis, this covid-like affliction in the populace. It has ravaged the rural populace for reasons I'm still trying to comprehend. 
So this morning is it all over? The fever has broken? The steadying accumulation of legal charges is now making the "Trump disease" so obvious? So I needn't write with such desperation to "open eyes" any more? 
I have had close acquaintances come down with the Trump virus. They lash out at people like me with expressions like "Trump-hater" or "Trump derangement syndrome," or to suggest I can't be a true Christian if I see any merit in the Democratic Party positions. Never have I wholly loved the Democratic Party. I was a "Reagan Democrat." We pine for the Reagan days, don't we? America gripped by such innocence, our biggest concern about the man was that he had been divorced. 
With Kennedy the hurdle might have been his Catholicism, with Reagan it was that he had been previously married. Why on earth did that mean anything? I mean, from the perspective of our 2023 America, wherein the Trump cult has persisted so hard up until now. 
And has the fever finally broken? I have learned never to feel that way. We could get into a sinkhole like 1930s Germany, end up with the same fate, with other nations around the world coalescing to crush us. I mean, if Trump kept power to align with his friend Putin to facilitate the Russian invasion of Scandinavia, we could feel disastrous consequences. There are other nations around the world that are now capable of weighing moral judgment in a clear way, unlike the U.S. Unless we can really start to pull out of it. 
So my big question on this Friday, July 2023, is: Is it finally over? Can U.S. citizens see with clearer vision now? Can people like those at our Morris area "conservative" churches begin to wake up, smell the coffee, admit they were wrong? The Apostolic Christians?
There have been so many hopeless cases all around of people with whom you cannot even engage in a conversation about Trump. The late Truman Carlson, God rest his soul, disappointed me at the end of his life this way. A younger Truman Carlson would not have even recognized this attitude, I would speculate. Toward the end of his life he'd just smile at me in a dismissive way. No matter what I had to point out about Trump. 
Oh, he was not alone among my contacts. A close childhood friend of mine who lives in Cold Spring drifted away from me. He was incensed by the Russia investigation, an investigation that really truly had legs, but Trump with his bluster and lying - his twin fortes - was able to extinguish. 
I have been accused in my life of being naive. In some respects I most likely have been. But on some matters I really truly can boil down the truth. On political matters I feel my vision is good. I can fully accept a Republican politician with traditional Republican values because we need the fiscal restraint sometimes. 
Reagan was "right on," the right person at the right time. Oh, but could he have lost because he had been divorced? Can you believe it? The concern about that, from our 2023 perspective wherein Trump is the leading candidate for the nomination, as a person with a mountain of troubling baggage? 
 
Nothing to see here?
Bring up "Stormy Daniels" and people like the late Carlson, who was an icon in our school system, would again just smile as if they were poking fun at me. "Oh, isn't that cute, Brian thinks Stormy Daniels was a big deal." The big deal was Trump's moral judgment or complete dereliction with that. This is but one tiny example of how the Orange Man is a contemptible human being. 
Judge Kaplan has ruled it is accurate to observe that Trump committed rape. To repeat, it is accurate to observe that Trump committed rape. A convicted rapist, then? To go along with the jury's ruling that he committed sexual assault? 
Why does the media always think it's important to quote Alan Dershowitz? I haven't heard as much from the crackpot lately. He has been known to use the reference of "Trump haters." As in, the jury in D.C. would be from a population of "Trump-haters." So that wouldn't work then? Trump would have to be judged by a jury from red states only? Really? Is that a truly unbiased legal system? 
Ms. Fischbach with smile
Trump is a total mob boss charlatan. Our own congressperson out here in western Minnesota is hardly echoing that. She was in Trump's corner following the 2020 election. How gullible and stupid. Will we re-elect her? Name is Michelle Fischbach. She was even more pro-Trump than Tom Emmer. Is she making public comments about this now? If not, why not? 
Chris Christie now says of Trump, "This guy has been a one-man crime wave." 
And Republicans are receptive to the idea that black people benefited from slavery? And they listen to the famous Greg Gutfeld of Fox News saying that Jews could increase their chances of survival in concentration camps by "making themselves useful." And he's not fired immediately? 
But we used to worry about JFK being a Catholic, or Reagan having been divorced. 
Ah, Bartleby, ah, humanity! 
Would I want to have sex with Nancy Mace? I don't know. We're supposed to think about such things in 2023 America, alas. I'm not sure she's that good-looking.

Addendum: Here's a comment I placed with a Yahoo News article a couple days ago:
The annoying elephant in the room: the failure by top Republican leaders to use their considerable influence to help guide the nation out of the swamp that Trump dragged us into. To expedite the proper legal resolutions to the many troubling matters and not just cry out "Hunter Biden" all the time. Seriously.
 
"Mike S." responded to me. Thanks Mike. 
If they did the right thing, Trump/MAGA would walk out, 3rd party. GOP destroyed either way. YAY!
The South Dakota governor says she would approve of the above. She is Kristi Noem, the "good-looking" governor according to conventional wisdom. I like to see more meat on the bones, frankly.
 
- Brian Williams - morris mn minnesota - bwilly73@yahoo.com

No comments:

Post a Comment